Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm Back!!!

Wow, it's been nearly a month since I last posted. I can't believe how life has flown by. I intended to blog so many times but so many things got in the way. I decided today would be different, today I would take the time to do what I have been meaning to do!

I've been "pondering" several things recently. I guess the first would be a verse that "leaped" out at me. I was reading Ephesians and I think I saw it for the first time (and one of my favorite books is Ephesians). Chapter 5, verse 10, "Find out what pleases the Lord". I'm still thinking on that! One thing that hit me the other day when I was listening to someone say that it pleases God's heart when we do His will. I certainly want to do that but I know that is big too! Alot bigger than the simplicity of the statement. I can't do that in a day or a month or even a year, yet it is done moment by moment of every day!

Also, I was reading a devotional from Dean & Dutch Sheets, father and son, and the ending thought for the day was
"I will make sure my life on earth counts for something eternal". I again went to "pondering". Since I am at the latter end of life, this becomes more and more a persistent thought before me. I want His essence to be left when I am gone. I know I will be dust but may the days of my breath still be breathing life long after I have gone back to dust!

I am beginning to think that God drops "manna" from heaven and often we don't even notice. When we go about life each day and live in a "christian" atmosphere" I think we often miss things. Things that the Father is wanting us to "selah", stop and think about. I believe He wants to tell us things, give us direction, hope, answers and we step on it and keep right on going, oblivios to His voice, His manna. Lord, I want to be stopped in my tracks, I want the "manna" of heaven. I desire to "eat" of the spirit more frequently and freely than I do of the flesh. I want the manna of heaven and in turn, be manna from heaven. It is said that we become like what we eat. I'm not interested in the temporary, I want the eternal. I want it for myself, I want it for my family, I want it for the Kingdom.

So, today I ask You Father, what pleases You? Cause my eyes to "see" Your manna dropped from heaven for me. I will purpose in my heart to live beyond myself today and look for that which is eternal. May Your Kingdom come, Your will be done in me and through me today!

1 comment:

Trish said...

So nice to see you in the blogosphere again. I always appreciate your ponderings - you are always pointing me toward Jesus!