Monday, June 30, 2008

Seek ye first...

This week I will celebrate my "spiritual" birthday. The 4th of July holiday always reminds me of the day I ran to Him. Like most births, it was traumatic. I'm doing well and all of a sudden, I'm being forced to leave the comfort I've known into something unknown. I wasn't brought forth gently and sweetly, I was limp, dying and gasping for air. He breathed the breath of life into me and I have never been the same!

In my growing up years I went to a good bible teaching church where I learned Bible verses and came to believe in God. But what I believed wasn't all right, much of it was warped/twisted. I can't say it was anyones direct teaching that lead me astray but I do know that my enemy satan came to deceive me of the Truth, just like he did Eve in the garden.

After being born again at the age of 27, a verse captured my heart. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; Matthew 6:33. For the first time in my life, I experienced unconditional love. I knew God was love and I believed He loved me. And I wasn't going to miss out knowing this God of love.

The scripture verse in my devotional today was Matthew 6:33. So again, I am drawn to the one who had been seeking me all along. The author says "seek" is a verb. It is active, urges pursuit and has an object. I have pursued God over these 30 years and have a much greater picture of Him today than on that first day 30 years ago. But I noticed that we are to seek the Kingdom. This is another world from which I live in. It is above anything I have or experienced here. And it has a King and he is like no earthly king. I am to be conformed and live in the heavenly, the divine and not in earthly limitations. Luke 17:21 says. "the kingdom of God is within you". I don't have to go somehow to get the kingdom because it's already here, in me. Wow! Lord, I am in the Kingdom and the Kingdom is in me! This blows my mind! Talk about fireworks!!

So this 4th of July, I want to celebrate that the "the kingdom of God is at hand". I'm going to explore this kingdom inside of me like I would if I was moving to a new place. I'm going send out change of address cards, not of this world! I'm going to settle in this new place and abide there with the King of the kingdom. And I'm going to invite people into the place where I live, the kingdom. And when asked where I'm from, I'm going to declare...The Kingdom!!

Since our nation is celebrating it's independence this week, I hope you will reflect on your independence. Are you free from this world, it's trappings and its ruler, satan? If not, you can change your address. Seek ye first the kingdom..the ruler of this kingdom is longing to come into your heart and set up His kingdom. If you haven't already, you can ask Him to do so today. Happy Independence Day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I found a blog you might like. It is called Jewelz Sightings and is at http://jewelsightings.blogspot.com/.

Hope you are well.