Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Taking a leap!

I can't believe I'm doing this! I'm standing at the edge and I'm going to jump in. Into the world of blogging. I don't fully know why but I feel an urge to join the ranks and what I hope to experience I'm not sure. But one thing I am sure of, if God is in it, I want to be in it too.



I know that God is moving and he's not doing the same old same old. So I'm not going to experience Him in new ways unless I move too. I've had the privilege of living in relationship with some incredible young people in the last several years. They are full of life, and always looking for Kingdom adventure. Two years ago, the Lord brought an amazing young couple into our lives, Wes & Laura. I knew Laura for a year or so prior to that and I was so amazed at her tender heart toward the One who loved her, her Bridegroom King. She told me about a book that helped her see Jesus more clearly than she ever had. The book was entitled The Bride, by Rhonda Calhoun. I devoured the book and came away experiencing Father, Son & Holy Spirit like never before. I had a paradigm shift, a shift in my thinking, and it shifted who I am.



In setting up my blog I was given the opportunity to write about me. I had to stop and think, what could I say? I am the Fathers' obsession. As Misty Edwards, one of my favorite worship leaders, sings "God is a lover looking for a lover so He fashioned me". Every object, every person has a value. The value depends on the creator and how much someone is willing to pay for it. My creator is The Creator of the universe. The One who put the stars and the sun and the moon in place. He created the heavens, seas, mountains and every living creature. He is The Greatest of all creators and He fashioned me. Secondly, He laid down His life that I would be brought near and have unbroken relationship with Him. No greater price has been paid for any object. He rescued me from darkness and despair and chosen me to be His bride. And I have chosen to give my life to the One who has given His life first for me. Amazing Love. Whatever He desires, I want to fulfill it, whatever he delights in, I want to do it. He came after me and forever I will be ...after His heart!

10 comments:

Livin' Life said...

Glad you took the leap. I will enjoy hearing your heart. It's great to have my "mom" :) blogging.

Melissa said...

Welcome to the sickness we refer to as "blogging"! Just kidding....I pray that God fulfills all His purposes in you as you embark on this journey..... :-)

Kelli said...

:) Welcome, welcome!!

Trish said...

Very glad to see you here and looking forward to what you have to say! The door is always open at my place.

The Gang's Momma! said...

Welcome Dear Friend! I soooo look forward to hearing your heart as you share here. I was thrilled to encounter your son on the "circuit" and I'm even more thrilled to have you join the fun. Consider yourself hugged - miss you tons :) Oh, and come by my place for a visit. The archives have pics of the kiddos, which I know you'd love to see. There, how's that for a shameless plug to get you to visit my blog?!

Hugs and love to that awesome hubby of yours!

Anonymous said...

my mother is blogging! Oh my oh my!

Emily said...

I am so exicited that you entered the blog world.

Natalie said...

Wow! So happy to have you join this new and exciting world. I've especially loved that it has kept me connected to everyone despite not seeing them weekly. Looking forward to reading you.

Mrs. C said...

Hee hee hee hee hee!!!

I think it is so great that you are blogging too! :)

Plain and Simple said...

Welcome to the blog world! I can't wait to gean from all of your wisdom.