Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Who's your Daddy?

I was watching Todd Bentley and the outpouring in Lakeland, Fl the other night and Rick Pino was leading the worship. I love his music but never saw him before. Wow! If there were any "religious" people left who were still having a problem with Todd and his tattoos, Rick would have pushed them over the edge. He is wild and crazy but I don't believe intimidated in any way. He began to sing with great joy, "We have the best dad in the whole world, in the whole world". It was awesome! People where jumping and laughing and really into it.



This morning I started to think about that. Ever see little boys banter about their dad being the best? My dad's the best because... If you watch closely, you'll see confidence. When that young boy reallllly believes his dad is the best, it will give him security and confidence. The sad fact is that today, too many young boys don't have this kind of perception of their fathers. And honestly, most of us didn't believe or experience that our dad's were the best either.



The truth is that you are the child of another dad. Your Dad, heavenly "Papa", IS the best. He is perfect in all His ways. But we've been tricked by the father of lies. He has us blaming our "Dad" for everything wrong that happened to us. Believing that our "Dad" didn't care about us. LIES! The very fact that He came near and called us to Himself proves that He loves and cares for us. If a child was attacked and harmed, and then his dad rushed in to hug him and be with and care for him, the child wouldn't say "get away, you don't care or you wouldn't have let this happen to me". No! He would fall into the secure arms of his father, find rest and be comforted.



The truth is my "Daddy's" arms is the only secure place on earth. He IS the best "Dad" in the whole world and He is my dad. I am confident that He is will always be with me. I have all the strength I need because I have His strength. He is jealous for me and will deal with those who mean to do me harm.



So with Fathers Day approaching I ask in your preparations for dads, husbands, etc that you consider your own ideas of your "Dad". Do you believe He is the best and does that give you great confidence and security? If not, I pray for the Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation that you may know Him better (Eph 1:17).

3 comments:

Livin' Life said...

That was awesome! I really soaked in it. I am looking forward to getting a glimpse at Todd and these religion breaking guys. See I have a new reason to get a tattoo. I want to break off religion.

Do you think Scott will buy that?!

Kelli said...

:) Great Father's Day post.

Anonymous said...

To Livin' Life I say go for it! What do you want to say or proclaim with a tattoo?