Friday, February 6, 2009

I am filled with His grace

Last night was our last class on the "Gifts of Grace" (Romans 12:6-9). (for those who don't know, my husband and I are students in the School of Ministry at Christ Community Church) It has been so eye opening to me. I found myself! And you know what else I found, it was Him all along, His grace in me!

Since Jesus is all the gifts of Grace, (prophesy, serving, teaching, exhortation, giving, administration and mercy) He is actually demonstrating Himself through us! How cool is that? And I also see for me personally, the Grace's I most function in, He was that for me first. That is how I discovered it in the first place and that is why I understand somewhat what it looks like and how it functions. And I found that the gift of Grace flow out of the heart of the Father for us and for others.

You know what else I discovered? That when all the gifts of Grace are functioning, not all in me but others functioning in their gifts of Grace along with me, a full expression of Christ is seen! I have learned to embrace the gifts of grace carried in my brothers and sisters. It is fun to bless Christ in others and how much a blessing it is to have them display Him by functioning in their gifts of Grace. It is so freeing not to have to be all things to all people. It is a joy to defer to others that they may display His Grace.

I thank God that He has expressed His Grace to me, that He expresses His Grace through me and that His Grace resides in every believer to give a full expression or picture of Christ to the world!

So I ask you, what gift(s)of His Grace in Romans 12:6-9 has Christ expressed in you that He wants to display through you to others? If you have Christ in you, you have all these gifts because He is all of them but He has given you one or two primary ways for to express Him. Ask Him to show you today and do it with the heart of the Father from which it was poured into you!!

No comments: